Serious Connection Problems

GarGira

Minecraft Username
GarGira
Hi everyone,

I am having some serious ping connection problems on the SF3 server. My ping fluctuates from 64 to 2300 randomly and I don't understand why.
I have spent the last two hours optimising my connection to the internet on my computer (including totally disabling my protection temporarily, modifying group policies etc) and yet it still happens!
I live in Adelaide, South Australia so I am not far from the server (I assume) and I can't figure out why I am having these latency problems. Has anyone had similar things happen and knows a fix? I really want to play on the server and maybe even donate in the future but the lag and latency issues are starting to annoy me so much I am contemplating not playing. :(
I am still early game so there's little to no entities on the ground or mobs in the area. I have some netherrack on fire but that's about it.
I keep getting timed out and forced connection to close issues as well.

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
do you have garden cloches? if so remove them they've been known to eat up network usage.

GarGira

Minecraft Username
GarGira
Thanks for the responses!
I have no cloches at all.

It has been going on for three days. When I first joined a few days ago I had no problems at all. The following day I began to get serious lag spurts and haven't been able to progress as I cannot do anything on the server.

When I join the server, I have about 10 minutes of being able to do stuff before it sets in and then it keeps going for the rest of my time on the server.