NotTheBees 2.0 Update - PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE PLAYED

Not The Bees Update Y/N

• Delete 1.3.1 and Bring 2.0

• Keep 1.3.1 and not Bring 2.0

• I don't care about bees, give me more cookies.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Right, so the NotTheBees 2.0 update was released not too long ago.
basically the deal is we aren't going to update 1.3.1 to 2.0,

Why you may ask?
Well basically its because 2.0 changed too much, its essentially NotTheBees 2, not an update but a whole new pack.

So i ask you players,

Do you want us to delete the current server and bring up 2.0

or Leave 1.3.1 how it is and for the forseeable future, not host 2.0.

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Given that I haven't made a massive amount of progress in the modpack yet (I don't know about anyone else though) and 2.0 does add some cool stuff while still keeping bees as the main focus, I'm all for the old world being deleted in favour of a 2.0 rebuild.

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Yup, I agree.
The server has not been online that long.
Better to do this sooner rather than later.
Loosing any progress sucks, but the updated pack looks well worth it, and like it will be a lot of fun.

yampertx

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
yampertx
Yep, I am fine with a restart /reset.
I was a bit annoyed with the pack to be honest something wasn't quite right in the quest line for my liking if its updated changed and revamped might be willing to give it more of a go. Update away. :)

bahramu

Defender
Minecraft Username
bahramu
So Morpheus was removed to make it easier for people to do Astral Sorcery, but would it be possible to bring it back but set to 100%?

The rationale would be that then it provides status updates "bahramu is sleeping (2/4)" which helps players coordinate if everyone does want to sleep through the night but nobody can tell who is or isn't in bed yet.

yampertx

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
yampertx
SO I just want to say that while the player base was small namely 2 or 3 and we were very early game it became a thing for us to sleep and ask others to sleep so we could breed our bees, this was all done in a spirit of community and we we all fine about it. I realise that this situation will and has become a little unworkable and has tonight erupted into an argument. I accept I was among those encouraging others to sleep and my apologies if anyone felt forced.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
When a player is afk, they count as asleep for Morpheus. So if a player is afk liquid starlight farming (Yes, you can be afk, just don't evade the auto-kick), then the other players sleeping will stop their progress. How about finding bees with the Nocturnal trait?

bahramu

Defender
Minecraft Username
bahramu
It seems like we all agree that Not The Bees is extra-sensitive to nighttime for all new players, and that friendly co-ordination of sleeping can be done "in the spirit of community" which allows new players to feel welcome on the pack. It makes me sad (but not surprised) to hear some player refuse to be welcoming to new players and instead demand that new players are now forbidden from acting exactly the same way they did when they were early game. :(

I don't understand the comment about starlight farming, you know you can still capture starlight in the daytime right? And if you build some collector crystals you'll be drowning in starlight.

PhoReaper

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
PhoReaper
Faster at night, and you gotta get past early game AS to make collector crystals. Anyway, we've had rules against controlling weather and time of day on the servers for years.

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Soo, is this where i come in and say that we have had issues with it crashing servers in the past, and because the server did not shut down gracefully we have had worlds corrupt due to this mod in the past, it seems like a simple mod, and it is. the response from the developer of the mod however was, this does not happen on a vanilla forge server, he does not support servers running sponge, he does not care about issues that arise from a server running sponge, even if it is a simple issue to fix.

Edit:
Quote from Quetzi on his github.
Quetzi commented on 6 Aug 2016
I'm going to attribute this to sponge then, which I don't support, sorry.
Rubbertjuh commented on 28 Mar 2017
This is still an issue in the latest sponge and morpheus.. Anything that can be done about it?
Quetzi commented on 28 Mar 2017
If you have issues with this then uninstall sponge.
- xElementzx

Last edited:

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
How about finding bees with the Nocturnal trait?
The thing is though Pho, in order to get the Nocturnal trait on other bees that don't normally have it, you need to either a) get insanely lucky with the RNG of breeding bees manually, which can take AGES, especially if you want the trait on every bee you're breeding, or b) do it via Gendustry, which can't even be started until quite some way into the pack, so simply "finding bees with the nocturnal trait" as you suggested isn't exactly a feasible option early game.

bahramu

Defender
Minecraft Username
bahramu
Yeah I'm not sure people are clear that this pack literally won't even let you have a single bucket until after you've been able to do multiple bee quest book steps. There's no mining to help you Gendustry so you are constantly beset by RNG setbacks along the way. So I'm not sure how expecting new players to grind 1/2^N RNG is considered reasonable but players far enough into the pack to unlock AS don't know how to repurpose a worldgen temple to use that collector for all it's worth?

But if Morpheus can corrupt the world that's discussion ending. I was just surprised and confused by the sudden 180° from some players once it no longer mattered to their personal progress in the pack. :(

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Apologies, meant to close this topic.
You can progress without Morpheus, you can't progress if the server crashes when people sleep and eventually destroys the world.

Morpheus is not getting added back for the reasons stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.