Lolshop Item: Quori Fragment

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Item: Quori Fragment
Item ID: voidcraft:quorifragment (#10569)
Cost: 20000
Stack Size: 1
Reasoning: Quori fragments are required on Project Ozone 3 in order to make the chaos planks required for the creative chest. However, there are several issues that currently make it impossible to get one from the Xia boss:
  1. For some reason, the portal to the Xia dimension can't be created on the server (probably a Sponge issue - works fine in singleplayer)
  2. When fighting the Xia boss, proceeding to phase 2 of the fight causes the game to crash (confirmed issue with modpack dev - here's proof, see item #3 on the list)
  3. The Voidcraft mod dev has stated that the Voidcraft mod has been discontinued in its current form, with the mod being possibly overhauled at some point in the future (again, here's proof)
Now, there are 2 ways to obtain quori fragments through this mod:
  1. Kill the Xia boss - currently impossible due to the above issues
  2. Use a quori fragment on a bed, go to the Dream Void dimension, and kill the Hashalaq mobs there - currently impossible due to requiring a quori fragment in the first place, which requires killing the Xia boss, which again is impossible
The easiest way I see to solve this is to add quori fragments to the Lolshop, at a reasonably high price - as effectively "completing" the modpack by crafting the creative chest is impossible otherwise, and you only need one to be able to effectively farm them anyway.

bahramu

Defender
Minecraft Username
bahramu
Vote +1

(though it would be nice if it didn't cost almost a month of votes :) )

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
2800 points is a week's voting without vote bonuses at base rates. 4200 With the registered discord bonus.

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Thanks for the support bahramu =)

My justification for the price actually comes from a similar suggestion I made for the /shop some time ago, under very similar circumstances to this funnily enough (see the 64k storage part) - while I could easily afford the 20k price I originally proposed (Ascendant vote multiplier FTW) I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the price being lowered.

anarki99nz

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Paladin
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
anarki99nz
Im having a look into this one. So far I have found:
  1. Xia boss fight issues are mostly caused by chicken chunks, which we don't use / disable.
  2. Xia boss fight also has issues when a player uses the Sword of the Cosmos against it. So don't use that.
Also keep in mind that the mod dev is considering removing voidcraft, and that the pack is effectively still in beta.

Will have an update when I have done some more research into the portal issue.

anarki99nz

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Paladin
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
anarki99nz
Well, it looks like we can leave this one out of the shop ;)

It can take a few void stars in succession to form the portal, but it forms.
But, please dont use the Sword of the Cosmos against Xia, and you should be fine.