Discord "email already registered"

Letherin

Minecraft Username
Letherin
Been a long time since I last played minecraft - the forums, etc are new to me here.
(Much nicer than the old ones ;))

A problem I'm having with "claim account"

email already registered.

It's really infuriating.

"You need to claim an account before you can send a message"
"You need to send this message to lolbot before you can register your minecraft account to the forum account"
"You need to register your minecraft account to your forum account before you can be verified"
"You need to verify before you can even look at the shop"

Our simple 29874913284739847 step solution to user verification.

Any help appreciated.

Cluracan

Staff member
Developer
Paladin
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Have you had a look at #welcome on Discord? Or "Linking Accounts" on the wiki? You could try those to start with.

Cluracan

Staff member
Developer
Paladin
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Ah, well ok then. Just for future info, more detail around what you did, what error you got, and what you've tried already helps a lot. :)

I've had a look on the Discord server, and I think I see an issue, but I'm only on mobile at the moment, so will raise it and see if someone else can look at it in more detail. Will let you know if I hear anything

Vercci

Minecraft Username
Vercci
This is voodoo I should probably not touch, but what's your Discord ID that you're currently trying to link with. I can see two accounts that tried to join today and you might have accidentally a thing with them.

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Letherin,

We have these steps of verification to ensure that your accounts are linked correctly, as when you buy ranks on our forum it automatically gives you the rank in-game and on discord,

Claiming an account before you send a message simply requires you to actually MAKE a discord account to interact with our discord guild, this helps prevent spammers/spam bots from joining our discord,

You don't need to speak to the lolbot before verifying your in-game account with your forum account, this is incorrect, however you DO require an in-game link on the forum to link a discord,

You are also not required to link your forum to your discord to send a message in discord, you also are not required to link in-game to forum to use our forums, however it is highly recommended.

The Shop being locked down to linked accounts prevents you donating and not receiving your in-game rank.

Also 'claiming account' for discord, is actually a discord method of verification, you need to make sure you're signed in to discord if you already have an account, which seems to be the issue here.

Letherin

Minecraft Username
Letherin
Letherin,

We have these steps of verification to ensure that your accounts are linked correctly, as when you buy ranks on our forum it automatically gives you the rank in-game and on discord,

Claiming an account before you send a message simply requires you to actually MAKE a discord account to interact with our discord guild, this helps prevent spammers/spam bots from joining our discord,

You don't need to speak to the lolbot before verifying your in-game account with your forum account, this is incorrect, however you DO require an in-game link on the forum to link a discord,

You are also not required to link your forum to your discord to send a message in discord, you also are not required to link in-game to forum to use our forums, however it is highly recommended.

The Shop being locked down to linked accounts prevents you donating and not receiving your in-game rank.

Also 'claiming account' for discord, is actually a discord method of verification, you need to make sure you're signed in to discord if you already have an account, which seems to be the issue here.
I am signed in with discord and "claim account" is still coming up. I click on it, enter the email/password and it says the email is already registered.

Makes zero sense to me.

Letherin

Minecraft Username
Letherin
You gave me the idea anyhow...

I deleted all cookies, came back and logged in via discord, then joined the server. Seems to be working fine now.

I haven't used discord in at least 6 months, if they'd changed it over that time, perhaps the old cookie was throwing some kind of exception.

Working now.