Custom Pack - Blue Systems

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
- Awesome, that's good to know. Just wondering though, do buses from SSN have a priority setting on them as is the case with other similar mods, so that items dumped onto the network will go through one bus before any others?

- If your aim would be to have players need to use Floral Fertilizer to spawn Botania flowers, would that mean you would disable the Jaded Amaranthus (I think that's the one that uses mana to spawn Botania flowers) as well? Or would the fertilizer simply be a gate for the mod?

- Derp, I completely forgot about that wand. One more thing I thought of though, is there any sort of mob grinder/spike/whatever in this pack? nvm, looked at Evilcraft, seems that has some method of killing mobs in there.

- Thanks for listening to us, I know that some people would simply say "this is the way I'm doing things, like it or lump it", so to see someone actually listening to feedback and taking said feedback on board is nice to see.

Last edited:

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
SSN has priorities, black/white lists, and filters on its buses. The import and export buses can also use the ore-dictionary and metadata.

Floral Fertilizer would be to restrict starting botania to a point in the game. The jaded amaranthus would stay. It requires a bit of work to automate anyway which is kind of what I've aimed for in the pack.
Not 100% sure if I would disable the orechid, the thing is a huge mana sink and quite tricky/fun to automate.
But I didn't want to give people a way to directly create ores in their base. You can still farm most resources, but growing everything discourages exploration and mods like mystical agriculture take over resource production server wide, very quickly.

Mob killing can also be automated through better with mods saw mills; which I believe also has a better chance of beheading when killing mobs.

There are some things I refuse to move on, like not having RF or tinkers in the pack. But I think; if you ask for feedback and suggestions, then you have to be willing to seriously take them in to consideration.

Last edited:

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Fair enough - I've never automated Botania without tech, and I know there are challenges in the Lexica Botania for automating stuff using only vanilla and Botania stuff - pretty sure there's one for collecting and processing ores from the orechid as well.

Do you have a rough idea when the pack will be available to play? The more we go back and forth about it, the more I want to give it a go myself =D

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
My todo list is getting rather small now.
Adding botania will ofcourse add a few more things to that list.
I will have a crack at it today and this evening and I should be able to clear the list.
After a little bit more testing I should be able to have the pack on curse by the end of the week or start of the next.

I am hopeful that we should be playing the pack on a server here before the end of the month.
I may have to bribe someone with cat memes though.

All that said, I have be rather enamored with subnautic lately, which has slowed my progress a bit.

Last edited:

Igneel32

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Igneel32
: DDDD CAT MEMES!!!!!!!!!!
Nah bribe LX with coffee or Matrix with bananas, I'm not sure what bribes Pho takes : P

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
So I've included botania in the pack, and thankfully craft tweaker fully supports botania now.
In order to get the flowers, you need a stoked cauldron to make floral fertilizer, which requires nether access and a bit of infrastructure.
Mana steel can only be made by transmuting soul forged steel, which requires end access and more infrastructure.
Rod of the Seas is still accessible, but requires resources from the void and the between lands as well as at least one gaia guardian.
I've also added a way to duplicate shulker shells with the conjuration catalyst and 1/8 of a mana pool.

At this point, my TODO list is empty.
So in my mind, I am ready for a public release.

I have spoken with Dez and Pho and hopefully I can get the pack up here. I plan to release to pack on curse in line with launching the pack here. Lolnet would be the 'official' Blue Systems server. All pending negotiations ofcourse.
I do not have a time line on this yet.
Soon(TM)

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
I have been keeping it under wraps hoping to launch it at the same time as lolnet launches the 'official' server.
I have spoken with Dez and I am waiting for Pho to get back to me on the server set up (I didn't want to nag), but I have not gotten a response in a while. I will poke Pho again with the updated version of the pack.
I've been keeping the pack up to date and making sure nothing breaks. The Erebus mods updated to 1.12.2 a few days ago so I added that. It goes nicely with the exploration theme of the pack along with the additional mobs adding new and diverse ways to die.
The pack is ready to go on a server, and I've been itching to play it too.
If there is no movement on the server I will release the pack anyway and post a link here when I do.

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Minor Update.
I have pushed a new version of the pack.
Version 1.0.7 is the first version with a specific download for a server.
Only minor changes, updating mods and forge etc with no new tweaks or scripts.

Pho and LX have access to these files. So fingers crossed that we should see some movement soon.

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath

For those wondering, the pack will also be available on curse and via the twitch launcher.
@dezil_nz , @LX_Gaming, @xElementzx, and @PhoReaper, All helped make this happen. Thanks to their hard work we now have an official server to play on.
Thank you all so much for giving me the opportunity to have my pack hosted for all to see. I am elated to see my pet project grow up. I hope that everyone enjoys playing the pack as much as I have enjoyed making it.
Thank you for all the hard work guys!

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
UPDATES!
Settings Changed;
Corrected an error in my script that broke the hopper recipe.
Added a recipe to convert between hoppers and uppers.
Regenerated Wizardry configs; Wizardry fluid and fire crafting should now function correctly.

We are not liable for damage caused to you or others by magic.

Mods Updated;
The Betweenlands
Additional banners
Base
Better with addons
Better with mods
Chisel and bits
Code chicken lib
Content tweaker
Craft Tweaker
Cyclops Core
Evilcraft
Extra Alchemy
JAOPCA
KJ Lib
Level up!
Librarian Lib
McJty Lib
Mod Tweaker
MT Lib
Platforms
Quack Lib
Reliquary
Rustic
Secret rooms mod
Simple storage network
The erebus
The one probe
TOP addons

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Blue Systems Two is a thing that is happening at the moment.
Some mods have been removed for various reasons and a good handful of smaller mods have been added.
Current mod list

Over the weekend, I redid the ore generation and changed the world generator.
Several ores now generate in mountains above Y128, giving you a good reasons to explore above sea level.
The world generator is now more diverse and should make very large mountains, along with the occasional floating island.
Many tweaks and much testing is needed for before I can release the pack in to the wild. But Progress is being made.

I have a question for everyone.
I have recently added 'Plant Mega Pack' and 'Decoration Mega Pack' mods.
The problem is, the mod license expressly forbids them from being distributed via curse/twitch (due to a spat the author had with the admins on the official forums). Thus, if I keep these mods; Blue Systems Two would either need to be on a different launcher or become a lolnet exclusive.
I'm not 100% sure myself how I feel about this. So I though I would throw it open and see what people thought.
They have not been scripted in to the pack yet and could easily be removed. In truth; they are mainly there because I like them.
How do people feel about this? Yes/No/42

Minecraft Username
CrazyivanNZ
I'm not sure if you have resolved this yet but I'm not sure the tradeoff would be worth it to be honest. While it might add a few new things to the modpack but you would be limiting yourself as 2 mods out of the roughly 220 would cut your reach down significantly. It is totally up to you but i wouldn't think it was worth it. I'm also not the greatest builder so decorations etc have less appeal to me so my opinion is a little biased aswell ;)

Cluracan

Staff member
Developer
Paladin
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd limit myself just because an author can't separate their personal feelings out from it. If they're that volatile over a forum disagreement, they don't sound like they'll be stable enough to keep a mod going for long. And by limiting themselves like that, it's not like they're going to get widespread usage to encourage them along.

IMHO YMMV etc etc

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
The mods themselves have been around since at least 1.7.10, before that I think.
But I take your point, I've pulled them from the pack and found a few things to fill the gaps.
IMO, the world look and feels better than ever.

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
Hi all.
So I have been working on Blue Systems 2 for a while now and I'm happy to say that I only have 3 things left on my todo list.
In the last few days I have been sorting out compatibility, building loot tables and adding to villager trades. Exploration should be a little more exciting now.
I have 2 cross compatibility items left on my list, and I have to write up the in-game documentations.
The compatibility is time consuming and annoying but not overly difficult.
The documentation is aimed at being more of a FAQ and quick guide rather than being comprehensive.
I plan on writing down any advice or tips I give players and adding it to the documentation. To this end, lolnet may or may-not end up being my test subjects.

The biggest changes I have made between version 1 and 2 are;
Reducing the number of extra dimensions down to 2; The wizardy dim and the Betweenlands.
Overhauling the terrain generation.
Adding seasons to influence which crops can grow and when.
Major changes to loot and trading.
Compatibility fixed.
Ore generation has been overhauled; diamonds are harder to find, but iron is more plentiful.

BS1 and BS2 worlds will not be compatible.

To build some hype, here are a few screen shots of the spawn of a random testing world I dropped in to today. 2018-12-06_13.46.15.jpg 2018-12-06_13.46.18.jpg 2018-12-06_13.51.05.jpg

Hopefully, This is as exciting to everyone as it is to me.

Dr_Teath

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Dr_Teath
At this point, the pack is finished. With the exception of the documentation, which will be a pain, but should be doable in less than a week.
But at this point I wanted to ask for feedback.
Specifically, loot tables.
Exploring the end, rogue-like dungeons and strongholds etc. will net you some nice stuff. But more loot is always better right?
I have been tweaking the loot tables and I want to know what kind of loot you guys would like to be able to find while exploring.
Leave me some ideas below, or don't, its your funeral!