Application for UserAssistant - Vercci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vercci

Staff member
Minecraft Username
Vercci
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?

To be honest someone suggested / asked me while I hadn't applied already. At the time I didn't even know what a UserAssistant was, but after they explained I thought yeah I'd help. I think I'm going to spend a bit of time on the server at this point, I might as well pitch in.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?

I do help people on the servers with questions and provide actual assistance when asked. Not much else to say other than I like to help people and don't get drunk on power.

Previous Experience and Skills:

What mods/modpacks do you have experience with?
In rough order of starting each pack

Tekkit [With EE2 disabled] (1.2.5)
Blightfall (1.7.10)
Infinity Evolved [Normal, Expert, Skyblock] (1.7.10)
Skyfactory 3 (1.10.2)
FTB Pyramid Evolved (1.12.2)
Project Ozone 2: Kappa mode (1.7.10)
Sevtech: Ages (1.12.2) [Also what I'm mainly playing]

Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?

In Minecraft, only off of my computer with at most 4 trusted friends at a time. Nothing with random people joining.

In TF2, I used to be a moderator (and for a couple of months I was a administrator) of a large TF2 community which was mainly based in Australia but did branch out to Europe and the US. I'm willing to discuss specifics on discord but I'd rather not add extra results to google in case some of the people who feel like they've been wronged decide to cause problems.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?

I've seen the concepts of using them on random videos about minecraft (Trolling hackers etc) as far as actual experience with command and tools in Minecraft? Me editing stuff about my claim in Sevtech is about all I've got. (Trying to figure out if my claim is screwing up Villager breeding and harvesting behaviour, and letting anyone who's in my claim use my BM portals. The latter I succeeded in doing so)

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server

Not sure I have any that'd be useful. I'd say I'm fluent in C++ but I also haven't touched it for a couple of years. Been meaning to learn java but I've also been meaning to do lots of things. For something that hits closer to home I've been meaning to post this application for a while.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:

I'm in the text chat often, helping people with various questions about how mods work, and once which mod was the best. Just tonight someone mentioned that I'm helpful and someone else confirmed. You might think that I'm mentioning this to make my application look good.

As far as as times where I'm not so moderator like, besides the first warning about chat being PG I haven't really been an ass I think. The worst I'd imagine was rubbing salt in the wound while restating someone's quote after they screwed up a DE reactor for someone else who owned the island and was offline at the time.
Paraphrased it was:

[Random]: [Random2]'s gonna be p*ssed if I blow up their reactor
{10 minutes later, the reactor goes critical. They claim they didn't mess with the reactor directly}
[Me]: Can't wait to see [Random2] get p*ssed when they find out you made the reactor blow.

But I'm not sure I'd call that worse than PG, or worth telling someone to stop being mean.

About You:

I live in NZ, as far as hours that I'm on I'm currently unemployed and my sleep schedule is currently non existent, so the hours I'm on the server varies. I probably spent a unhealthy amount of time connected to the server but I also spend lots of that time on the server not actually on the server, doing other things at the same time. I'm usually not too far away though, checking the chat and adding and changing a few blocks here and there. If I had to nail down a set of hours I am looking to get a nightshift job, so if I land one I'll be spending my days off during the nights of NZ, whether that's graveyard shift or not I don't know.

I'm on the discord server, but I haven't joined the voice channels. Mostly due to the one channel that's sometimes full of people being >90% mods and admins and I don't like the idea of intruding upon 'business'. I'll probably bite the bullet one of these days and just dive in. I do have a mic.

If you'd like me on the team, neat. If not, no biggie.

xElementzx

Administrator
Staff member
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
xElementzx
Congratulations Vercci,
You are now the newest member of the Lolnet User Assistant Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.