Cluracan

Staff member
Developer
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
The Key Points
Why do you want to become a UserAssistant?

I'd like to help keep Lolnet the safe and friendly place I've come to expect and enjoy.

Why do you believe you should be a UserAssistant?
I believe I can help to keep the server running smoothly, at least as far as the players are concerned.

What can you contribute to Lolnet as a UserAssistant?
I get along well with others, and am happy to help when and where needed.

Previous Experience and Skills:
What mods/modpacks do you have experience with?

I started playing modded back in December with Sky Factory 3. I've spent most of my time on there, but have also played Project Ozone Lite and Revelation a fair bit. I'm looking forward to giving SevTech Ages a go as well.

Are you playing on a modpack right now? Which one?
Sky Factory 3, mostly

Have you setup or operated a Minecraft server before? Do you have experience in Administering or Moderating MC Servers or other games?
I've run a pure vanilla (not even Spigot) server at home for years, first as an Ubuntu guest on an ESX host, and more recently running Ubuntu directly on the hardware. I've also set up test servers in Google Cloud Platform as a development platform for some Spigot plugins.

What experience do you have with using plugins (Prism, CoreProtect, ReportRTS etc) as a moderating tool?
I've used Log Block and Core Protect in the past as a mod on a vanilla server. I was a mod on that server for about a year.

What skills (outside of Minecraft) could you provide lolnet? How would these help the server?
(eg: Website Design, Graphic Design, Experience with running other game servers etc)

In my professional life, I'm a Windows server and network admin; I've had both MCSE and CCNA certifications. My current focus is in IT Security, and automation using PowerShell. In my personal life, I currently use Ubuntu to play Minecraft on, but have used Gentoo and LFS in the past. I also have been teaching myself Java and Minecraft (Spigot) plugin development. If you could use any help with these, I'm happy to lend a hand.

Examples of Contribution to the Server:
What is an example of a time when you acted like a moderator?

I can't think of any single specific time; I help when asked, and offer advice or suggestions frequently.

What is an example of a time you weren't so moderator like?
I have a tendency to bait trolls to cross the line to help get them kicked sooner, but that was not something I have done or would do as a mod.

About You:
Time Zone and when are you typically online. (We are looking for a diverse range of timezones to have more staff available more often):

I'm in Brisbane, so AEST (GMT + 10). I work until 5PM most weekdays, and am off most weekends. I also have a family, so they obviously come first. But in most of my free time, I'm on Lolnet these days.

How would you like to improve lolnet? What can we do better to make using the server better?

Lolnet is a pretty well set up server, in my opinion. The only thing I can currently think of is update your server list in the launcher; I still see POL and Rev in there. :p

Do you own a microphone/headset? And have you used our Discord server before?
I do own a headset with a mic, and am a member of your Discord, although I don't tend to go on voice much; I'm usually chatting to my wife or listening to music while I play.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for taking the time to make it this far in my application :)

anarki99nz

Snr Moderator
Staff member
Paladin
Donation Drive 2017
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
anarki99nz
Congrats! Welcome to the team Cluracan xD

Status
Not open for further replies.