Curious Hive
Unusual Hive
Resonating Hive

Add the following for 1000:
Deep Hive
Infernal Hive
Oblivion Hive

Add these to all servers that include: Binnie's mods, Forestry, Magic Bees

Reasoning for my prices is a combination of how useful the bees are and how difficult they are to find. I took into consideration how many lolcoins you get per vote as well. The bees are world gen so if one person decides to be a rude being it is totally within their power to make getting bees impossible, which is why I think adding a server/inf way of getting them to be useful.

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
But I thought that servers that had Forestry already had hives in the /shop? Also, I don't know if this would be the case with bees as well, but I think staff had quite a lot of trouble adding the treasure capacitors from EnderIO to the /shop, as they had to make sure that any capacitors purchased would have the highest possible modifiers, and this could be the case with bees as well (making sure they have the Pristine trait as opposed to Ignoble - I could very well be wrong though)

By the way, if the pack has Botania, you can always make a Hiveacynth and feed it mana - it periodically spawns bees nearby that can naturally generate in the wild. Mostly drones, but will sometimes spawn princesses. Also, a Hibeescus is a good flower to make as well if you have princesses with the Ignoble trait (makes them die after a bunch of generations) - you feed it a bunch of mana, throw an Ignoble princess at it, wait an in-game day (I think) and it will spit the bee back out again, but with the Pristine trait in place of Ignoble.

Finally, if all else fails, you can always find an Apiarist villager and buy bees off them - it would take a fair bit of RNG to find a villager selling the bee you're after, and actually finding an Apiarist villager in the first place can take a while, but it's still an option - and besides, if you're getting serious with bees, you'll need to find an Apiarist villager anyway, as apart from Stronghold loot chests, they're the only way to get Monastic bees, which you need for a number of mutations (As an aside, once you get some Monastic bees, I strongly suggest using Gendustry to extract the Species gene from them so that you can turn any bee you find into a Monastic bee, will save you a bunch of emeralds in the long run)

Last edited:

Sollux

Minecraft Username
Sollux
But I thought that servers that had Forestry already had hives in the /shop? Also, I don't know if this would be the case with bees as well, but I think staff had quite a lot of trouble adding the treasure capacitors from EnderIO to the /shop, as they had to make sure that any capacitors purchased would have the highest possible modifiers, and this could be the case with bees as well (making sure they have the Pristine trait as opposed to Ignoble - I could very well be wrong though)
Irrelevant if the bees you get are ignoble or not. Hives are already in the shop, so adding more isn't a problem. (It's just id's no nbt.)

By the way, if the pack has Botania, you can always make a Hiveacynth and feed it mana - it periodically spawns bees nearby that can naturally generate in the wild. Mostly drones, but will sometimes spawn princesses. Also, a Hibeescus is a good flower to make as well if you have princesses with the Ignoble trait (makes them die after a bunch of generations) - you feed it a bunch of mana, throw an Ignoble princess at it, wait an in-game day (I think) and it will spit the bee back out again, but with the Pristine trait in place of Ignoble.
Irrelevant, there shouldn't be a problem with adding the rest of the hives if there's already the base forestry hives. Following your logic they'd remove bees from the shop altogether or if you're going to extremes, the whole shop.

FTB Continuum doesn't have botania, that's the pack I need these for.

Finally, if all else fails, you can always find an Apiarist villager and buy bees off them - it would take a fair bit of RNG to find a villager selling the bee you're after, and actually finding an Apiarist villager in the first place can take a while, but it's still an option - and besides, if you're getting serious with bees, you'll need to find an Apiarist villager anyway, as apart from Stronghold loot chests, they're the only way to get Monastic bees, which you need for a number of mutations (As an aside, once you get some Monastic bees, I strongly suggest using Gendustry to extract the Species gene from them so that you can turn any bee you find into a Monastic bee, will save you a bunch of emeralds in the long run)
Again, irrelevant. If I recall correctly villagers don't sell magic bees species as well. (I could be wrong but I'm 70% sure on this.)

123zane321

Ascendant
Donation Drive 2017
Minecraft Username
123zane321
Irrelevant if the bees you get are ignoble or not. Hives are already in the shop, so adding more isn't a problem. (It's just id's no nbt.)
But Ignoble trait makes automation of bees more difficult unless you have Gendustry (which is locked away behind a bunch of stuff in Continuum IIRC) and people I know don't tend to like the ignoble trait, so not exactly irrelevant.

Irrelevant, there shouldn't be a problem with adding the rest of the hives if there's already the base forestry hives. Following your logic they'd remove bees from the shop altogether or if you're going to extremes, the whole shop.

FTB Continuum doesn't have botania, that's the pack I need these for.
That's not what I was saying, the shop is there for convenience's sake, and there's plenty of useful things on there such as chunkloaders, claim blocks, etc which can't be obtained through in-game play - although I do agree somewhat with adding Magic Bees hives to the shop. Also, forgot Continuum didn't have Botania, my bad.

Again, irrelevant. If I recall correctly villagers don't sell magic bees species as well. (I could be wrong but I'm 70% sure on this.)
Fair point, they only sell the standard Forestry bees IIRC.

Cluracan

Staff member
Developer
Ascendant
Donation Drive 2018
Minecraft Username
Cluracan
Shocking, a forum post about bees, and our resident bee enthusiast pipes in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.